Intensive Core French Program
Intensive Core French is a second language teaching approach in which French is taught intensively for most of the day during five months of the Grade 6 year. The students in the program receive about 80% of their instruction in French during the first half of the year and 20% during the second half; the rest of the curriculum (except for Mathematics) is “compressed” into the second half of the year.
In Today’s World Bilingualism is an Asset
- Registration is on-going for entry in Grade Six.
- Intensive Core French is part of the Public School system.
- Parents do not need French language knowledge or background.
- There is no cost to participate.
- There are many opportunities to enjoy! Travel, public speaking, French entertainers, and much more.
- Enrich your child with French as a second language.
- Increases abilities to learn further languages.
Further information about French as a Second language can be found on the Canadian Parents for French website.